Spring is beautiful for a couple reasons: flowers are blooming, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your power bill is usually at its lowest. That’s because you’re not turning to your heating or air.
But as temperatures begin to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are a few tips for saving energy in Kansas City and keeping costs down.
1. Book Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a yearly maintenance visit can help it operate more efficiently and scale down costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep utility costs less expensive.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is an excellent time to upgrade it. The energy-saving technology in updated cooling systems is a big plus in keeping your energy expenses down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on home comfort costs. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Focusing on how to expertly schedule your thermostat is the best way to cut down on energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think of it this way, the smaller the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the smaller your cooling cost will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty residence.
3. Experiment with Other Ways to Cool Your Home
You can take advantage of a few other methods to help keep your home comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise in the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This distributes cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your residence more comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny rooms.
4. Think About Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats figure out your schedule and adjust the temp when you’re out to help you save on your bills. You can also adjust the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These pro tips will all help keep summer energy costs less expensive. If you figure out it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you select the best fit for your house. And as usual, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.