With Earth Day right around the corner, you may be inundated with recommendations to help “save the earth”. Well guess what? We’re here with a few ideas of our own, but for a good cause. Not only is a tankless water heater great for the earth, it can cut the cost of your energy bills and outlive your typical tank heater. Truly! We collected the main reasons you should invest in a tankless water heater.
- Refunds – Although the initial investment can seem a bit discouraging, qualifying tankless water heaters come with a federal tax rebate of about $300.
- Constant Warmth – Everyone has felt it. The awful pain of freezing water pelting against your back when the hot water runs out and you’re still showing. Well guess what? Tankless water heaters avoid that issue altogether because the hot water NEVER. RUNS. OUT.
- Lifespan – Tankless water heaters can last five to ten years longer than old, inefficient tank water heaters. The government rebate plus not having to replace your tankless water heater as often equals big savings.
- Efficiency –Tankless water heaters only demand enough energy to heat the quantity of water you’re using, so they don’t waste energy heating water you don’t need. This magical tidbit can save you up to 20% off your water heating statement. They also take up less space since they can be mounted on walls (or outdoors so long as you have an anti-freeze kit) and smaller tankless water heaters can even be placed under cabinets or in closets.
- Avoid Water Damage – No tank, no tank to burst, no flooding. While a leak is possible as with any plumbing appliance or device, tankless water heaters won’t flood or cause water damage the way 40 gallons of water stored in a tank waiting to be used will.
- So Fresh, So Clean – Since tankless water heaters don’t store water in a tank, you always have pure, clean water that isn’t kept in a tank, which could have accumulated rust and scale.
If all these wonderful reasons haven’t convinced you that a tankless water heater
is the best option for your home, call Neal Harris Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing today for a no-charge in-home analysis
. We want to make sure you choose the best water heating system for your needs to we’ll explain your options, tell you all the facts, and be here when you’re ready.