Scheduling annual AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioner unit in Kansas City working at its top performance while keeping utility usage down. It also can even help extend its life span.
While there are several jobs you can finish by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Neal Harris Service Experts, for AC checks and upkeep.
Here are a few steps you can complete alone as you prep for cooling season.
Get Your AC Maintenance Scheduled
Spring is a season of revival, and to many that includes a hefty portion of house, garage and yard freshening. With the toastier temps approaching, it’s also a great idea to add AC checkups on that listing.
Spring is a great time of year to get your AC unit scrubbed and inspected. Waiting to turn it on until the first warm day of the summer can be dicey. If you need service or replacement, you may be waiting a long time for a tech. And that can become very unbearable.
And for people with allergies, being one step ahead with a freshened air conditioning system will help assure the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, air conditioner maintenance may be required for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Do Maintenance Alone?
There are steps that you can take to help keep your AC unit in the top state:
- Put in a new air filter. Filthy filters limit airflow and might lower your system’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the model you use, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you deal with allergies or have a dog in your house.
- Lawn upkeep around the exterior condenser. Ensure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes by your air conditioning system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of clear area. You should also clear any leaves or sticks that have dropped into your equipment, because this can block airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you call Neal Harris Service Experts at 816-787-0500, the primary thing we could do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already finished. Then our Experts get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll check your unit and make sure it’s working properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to ensure secure cooling.
- Lubrication to keep moving parts working effortlessly and potentially skip breakdowns.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to clear leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Straightening coil fins to stop reduced airflow.
- Cleaning the outdoor coil to get rid of any accumulation from dirt and weeds.
- Checking controls to make sure your system is starting, running and shutting off correctly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to ensure your unit has the right refrigeration charge.
If we discover problems that need extra action, we are ready to provide you the most reasonable option. Pinpointing potential troubles promptly may solve more expensive problems later. This also provides you time to save if your equipment is getting older.
When you are looking for a modern AC system, our Experts will assist you to locate the ideal unit for your budget. We also offer financing to help make your new system work for your budget. Regardless of what your cooling needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Ready to request your maintenance? Give us a call at 816-787-0500 or schedule an appointment online right away.