Scheduling annual AC maintenance is helpful.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioning equipment in Kansas City working at its best performance while keeping utility usage small. It also can even help extend its life span.
While there are a couple jobs you can complete by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Neal Harris Service Experts, for AC examinations and upkeep.
Here are a few steps you can do alone as you get ready for cooling season.
Get Your AC Maintenance Scheduled
Spring is a period of revival, and to many that includes a hefty portion of indoors, garage and yard sprucing. With the toastier temperatures near, it’s also a fantastic idea to add AC service on that listing.
Spring is the best time of year to get your AC equipment freshened and inspected. Waiting to turn it on until the first warm day of the season can be dicey. If you need service or replacement, you might be waiting a long time for a tech. And that can become very unbearable.
And for those with allergies, being one step ahead with a freshened air conditioning system will help assure the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, air conditioner maintenance may be mandatory for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Do Maintenance Alone?
There are steps that you can complete to help keep your AC equipment in the top state:
- Put in a new air filter. Filthy filters restrict airflow and might lower your system’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the kind you use, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you suffer from allergies or have pets in your house.
- Lawn maintenance around the exterior condenser. Ensure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your cooling system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of clear room. You should also clear any leaves or branches that have collected inside your equipment, because this can block airflow.
Let the Experts Manage the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you call Neal Harris Service Experts at 816-787-0500, the primary thing we may do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already finished. Then our Experts get down to the finer details. We’ll check your unit and make sure it’s working properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to ensure reliable comfort.
- Lubrication to keep moving parts working effortlessly and potentially stay clear of breakdowns.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Straightening coil fins to stay clear of limited airflow.
- Cleaning the outdoor coil to get rid of any blockage from dust and grass.
- Inspecting controls to make sure your system is starting, running and shutting off like it should.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to ensure your unit has the right refrigeration charge.
If we discover troubles that involve additional action, we are ready to offer you the most reasonable option. Pinpointing potential troubles promptly may solve more substantial problems down the road. This also provides you time to save if your unit is getting older.
When you are seeking a modern cooling system, our Experts will assist you to choose the ideal system for your budget. We also offer financing to help make your new system fit your budget. Regardless of what your cooling needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Ready to book your maintenance? Give us a call at 816-787-0500 or schedule an appointment online right away.