There are a number of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Kansas City. But, there’s also that huge list of must-do’s before the cold weather sets in. Although the outdoor yard work and home improvements are undoubtedly at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor task you should consider taking on early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment arranged.
The team at Neal Harris Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing recommend that furnace service and maintenance be done at least annually so you can hopefully prevent a breakdown in the peak of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a number of benefits to getting it performed before the cold and crisp weather comes to Kansas City, too. Check out some of the top bonuses of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make certain that your furnace operates at its peak efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating costs.
- Ensures your furnace is in tip-top shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready for whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Kansas City this year.
- Decreases the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to occur on a cold winter day is have your furnace stop working, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to identify potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to create heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are critical to keeping your home safe through the cooler months.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to maintain your warranty, so getting regular maintenance completed can save you money if worse problems occur later.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a ton of additional perks, and getting furnace service completed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the colder months and save you time later because you’re less likely to need more service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Neal Harris Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Kansas City, give us a call at or schedule an appointment with Neal Harris Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing through our online scheduler.