It’s cold outside. Most of the country is layering up for some freezing temps. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect exterior water faucets.
- Insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drip in indoor sinks and bathrooms by outer walls can prevent pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets under sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Maintain an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those space heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents closed in unused rooms, make sure you open them up.
- If your furnace is not functioning, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give those smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick inspection.
Follow these quick tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then heat yourself some hot cocoa. And, as always, Neal Harris Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.