No matter what the climate outside in Kansas City, the temperature within your house decides how comfortable your family will be. Find the right temp and your rooms will be a nice escape from the world. But if your home comfort system isn’t working properly, you’ll notice. And it won’t be fun.
Get ready for a detailed look at the way you’re handling your heating and cooling equipment. It might make the difference between a stable system or a problematic performer. Take this brief quiz from Neal Harris Service Experts to figure out where you stand.
- Hotter days are right around the corner in Kansas City. How do you get your system ready?
- Change out the HVAC filter and spruce up the vents. Then it’s ready to go.
- Schedule an appointment with the Experts for a seasonal tune-up.
- Not a thing. It will be fine.
- You’re having an event on a particularly warm night, but the AC isn’t working. What’s your first step?
- Ask my guests to bring icy beverages.
- Book an emergency repair to get it operating before anyone arrives.
- Turn on my fans and pray for a nice breeze.
- Your current HVAC is maturing. What’s your plan when it’s time for it to retire?
- Let my contractor to pick one out and pay for it with a credit card.
- Manage worries and charges by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Choose the most intricate system currently available in Kansas City.
- When you receive your next monthly electricity bill, what do you think you’ll find?
- It will be a little higher. My heating and cooling costs have gotten expensive.
- It will be comparable to the cost for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I open it. Some bills aren’t bad, but others are stunning.
- Your HVAC system is making a strange noise. What do you do?
- Grab my toolbox and spend a weekend trying to fix it.
- Call a qualified technician to check it out.
- Don’t think about it and wait until it ends.
Get ready to add up your results. If you chose mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are right on track. You’re taking care of your system and you have a plan for down the road. But if you answered any of these problems with As or Cs, you can make a number of changes to help your HVAC perform more efficiently. Keep reading to find out how.
Better HVAC Habits to Help Out Your Wallet
Set Up Annual Maintenance While changing your air filter and cleaning your vents are important tasks to help out your equipment for a season change, a professional tune-up is helpful to finish the process. During a regular maintenance visit, your HVAC technician will manage a series of tasks that promote the energy efficiency of your system. And while they’re around, your HVAC service professional will look out for more serious complications for your home. That could save you an expensive breakdown later down the road.
Work with a home comfort company that offers emergency repairs. Even correctly maintained heating and cooling systems can have problems sometimes. And it always seems to happen at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can manage the headache and distress. The Service Experts Advantage Program affords that crucial service to homes at no added cost.
Have a plan for your HVAC system transition. Some HVAC systems can operate for 10 to 15 years, but they can’t last forever. Create a plan now to escape last-minute pressure when your system takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It offers you a new high-efficiency home comfort system with no up-front costs. As an added bonus, the program includes free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy charges and take note when they greatly change. Your electricity bills can reveal more than your monthly charges. If you’re observing a steady increase in your bills but no variation in home comfort, something is definitely occurring with your equipment. A new high-efficiency system can give you peace of mind with more constant energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Call in the pros when you hear an odd noise from your home comfort system. That noise is more than irritating. It demonstrates something is wrong with your system. Even if it’s a comparatively small issue, left without professional help it could make for a high-priced repair down the road. Don’t try to regulate it yourself. Leave it to the pros to diagnose and repair it.
Your heating and cooling system can cost you big when you don’t maintain it. If you apply these tips, you could save time, added costs and annoyance. And if your HVAC just isn’t cutting it anymore, think about finding one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can find you a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To hear more, give us a call or book an appointment online. We’re happy to help!