No matter what the climate outside in Kansas City, the temperature within your home decides how comfortable your family will feel. Find the right temp and your rooms will be a comfortable escape from the world. But if your home comfort system isn’t working correctly, you’ll know. And it won’t be fun.
Take time for an in-depth look at the way you’re managing your heating and cooling equipment. It might make the difference between a stable system or a poor performer. Take this brief quiz from Neal Harris Service Experts to figure out where you stand.
- Hotter days are right around the corner in Kansas City. How do you get your AC ready?
- Change out the HVAC filter and dust the vents. Then it’s ready to go.
- Schedule an appointment with the Experts for a seasonal tune-up.
- Not a thing. It should be fine.
- You’re having an event on a scorching night, but the AC isn’t working. What’s your first step?
- Ask my guests to bring icy beverages.
- Organize an emergency repair to get it operating before the party starts.
- Turn on my fans and pray for a cool breeze.
- Your current HVAC is maturing. What’s your plan when it’s time for an upgrade?
- Let my contractor to pick one out and pay for it with a credit card.
- Manage worries and charges by subscribing to a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Choose the most intricate system currently available in Kansas City.
- When you receive your next monthly electricity bill, what do you think you’ll see?
- It will be a little higher. My home comfort costs have gotten expensive.
- It will be comparable to the cost for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I open it. Some bills aren’t bad, but others are stunning.
- Your home comfort system is making a strange noise. What’s your next step?
- Grab my toolbox and spend a weekend trying to fix it.
- Call a professional technician to check it out.
- Don’t think about it and wait until it ends.
Time to add up your results. If you chose mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are right on track. You’re taking care of your equipment and you made a plan for down the road. But if you replied to any of these problems with As or Cs, you can make a number of changes to help your HVAC perform better. Keep reading to find out how.
Useful HVAC Habits to Help Out Your Wallet
Book Annual Maintenance While replacing your air filter and cleaning your vents are important tasks to help out your equipment for a new season, a professional tune-up is helpful to finish the process. During a maintenance visit, your HVAC technician will manage a series of tasks that promote the energy efficiency of your system. And while they’re around, your HVAC service professional will look out for more serious complications for your equipment. That could save you an expensive breakdown later down the road.
Work with a home comfort company that offers emergency repairs. Even carefully maintained heating and cooling systems can have problems sometimes. And it always seems to happen at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can manage the headache and discomfort. The Service Experts Advantage Program affords that crucial service to homes at no other cost.
Have a plan for your HVAC system transition. Some HVAC systems can operate for 10 to 15 years, but they won’t last forever. Make a strategy now to bypass last-minute pressure when your system takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It offers you a new high-efficiency home comfort system with no up-front charges. As an added bonus, the program includes free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy charges and take note when they greatly change. Your electricity bills can reveal more than your monthly costs. If you’re observing a steady increase in your bills but no variation in home comfort, something is definitely occurring with your equipment. A new high-efficiency system can give you peace of mind with more reliable energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Take action when you hear an odd noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than irritating. It demonstrates something is wrong with your system. Even if it’s a comparatively small problem, left without professional help it could make for a costly repair later on. Don’t try to work on it yourself. Leave it to the professionals to diagnose and repair it.
Your heating and cooling system can cost you big when you don’t maintain it. If you apply these tips, you could save time, extra costs and annoyance. And if your HVAC just isn’t cutting it anymore, consider finding one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can find you a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To hear more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!