Whether you add a sunroom, family room or other addition to your home, being cozy in your new space regardless of outdoor temperatures is a priority. However, they can make a unique problem for contentment. This is because adding ductwork is pricey. And that your heating and cooling system may not be work properly with the increased load, since it was sized without including the addition.
One of the most affordable options is to add a mini-split. This system provides energy-efficient heating and cooling, with no ductwork needed. Learn more about mini-splits and how installing one in your addition could be a fantastic solution.
All About Mini-Splits and How They Work
A ductless mini-split, since they’re nearly identical to ducted heat pumps that southern homeowners have relied on for decades.
Heat pumps are very energy efficient since they transfer heat to make your addition cozier. In actuality, many have reached ENERGY STAR® certification, which can make you eligible for extra rebates and decrease your utility bills for years to come.
Another special feature is zoned heating and cooling. Since each room typically has an individual indoor unit, you can set your preferred temperature from room to room. As an instance, a mini-split AC is extremely helpful if you have a room with precise temperature needs, like a home gym.
Why a Mini-Split is Worth It for Your Room
Installing a mini-split system is worth it for areas that are without ductwork. Here are a couple reasons why it’s wiser than extending ductwork and leaning on your existing heating and cooling system.
- Installing ductwork is pricey. Installing ductwork in your new addition can add up quickly. Although the precise amount will depend on your residence, it be as much as thousands of dollars.
- Your existing home comfort system may become stressed. When your existing heating and cooling system was chosen, it was based on the square footage of your house prior to the addition. This may overwhelm your system and make it fail more rapidly.
- Your comfort might be impacted. Since your heating and cooling system is sized for exact square footage, your comfort could suffer if your system is required to cover a wider space. Your heating and cooling could be less effective, and your utility costs may get more expensive as a result of the system needing to switch on more frequently.
What Size Mini-Split You Need
Like regular systems, mini-splits are available in varying sizes based on the square footage they’ll be heating and cooling. Here are three of the most popular sizes:
- 400-650 square feet – 12,000 BTU mini-split
- 600-1,000 square feet – 18,000 BTU mini-split
- 800-1,300 square feet – 24,000 BTU mini-split
When you collaborate our Experts at Neal Harris Service Experts, we’ll help you get the right size for your new area. And your wallet.
An ENERGY STAR mini-split unit can generate big energy savings over its lifetime, which can be 20 years or greater when properly tuned up. ENERGY STAR says having one can save you 60% on heating and 30% on cooling, in contrast to an electric heating system and conventional air conditioner.
Trust Neal Harris Service Experts for Your Mini-Split Installation
From answering all your questions and helping you choose the recommended model to supplying Expert mini-split installation, Neal Harris Service Experts can accommodate all your mini-split needs. If you’re considering a home addition or recently wrapped one up, we can provide assistance. Give us a call at 816-787-0500 today to request a free consultation and estimate.