We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to share problems related to heating that Kansas City homeowners often call Neal Harris Service Experts about. Although there are quite possibly hundreds of reasons why your Kansas City home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Here are the top five issues that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat breaks producing no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Airflow problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace excessive heat or poor heating control
3. Flithy and clogged filters resulting in airflow and comfort problems
4. Pilot light or furnace ignition issues, resulting in spotty or no heat
5. Lack of maintenance may cause unforeseen breakdowns, poor comfort or higher energy costs (not to mention homeowner frustration!)
Every one of these common issues can be fixed by a professionally qualified, NATE-certified technician. Technicians from Neal Harris Service Experts can quickly diagnose the problem area and make the needed repairs. Purchasing a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could advert almost all heating problems that leave you with no heat or low comfort levels. During a tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they operate correctly and at top efficiency during the heating season. Important items like Carbon Monoxide checks, adequate combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also key elements to the tune-up process. Most importantly – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age may pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, this is particularly the case if a NATE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment regularly.
Contact Neal Harris Service Experts of Kansas City at 816-787-0500 to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.