Air conditioners don’t work for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Kansas City, you might be wondering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are several things to think about, plus the pluses of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we advise replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can typically wait.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? Many homeowners are replacing their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This saves energy and increases comfort by operating at varying speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to enjoy the full comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the correct amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. A new air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Neal Harris Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and offer the correct suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your budget if you install both systems at the same time.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are correctly sized, there aren’t often any large immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is often not permanent until the other system fails. You can circumvent the temporary patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these pluses:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything works at the best efficiency, making your house cozier and reducing your monthly utility bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll pay for repairs that could have covered an upgraded furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced at once. And you could even be eligible for a discount because you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Neal Harris Service Experts. We get the price of replacing your complete system might stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and just one low monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs later on are included!*
You can relax knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 816-787-0500 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.