Air conditioners don’t work for a lifetime, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Kansas City, you might be wondering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are a few things to think over, in addition to the benefits of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, plan to replace it alongside your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can typically delay it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? Many homeowners are swapping out their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This saves energy and increases comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the full comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the right amount of air to keep your residence the right temperature. A new air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Neal Harris Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and offer the proper suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your budget if you get new systems at the same time.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are correctly sized, there aren’t often any large immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system fails. You can circumvent the band-aid patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll get these pluses:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything works at the best efficiency, making your house comfier and reducing your ongoing heating and cooling bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll pay for repairs that could have gone toward an upgraded furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced at the same time. And you may even be eligible for a special deal because you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Neal Harris Service Experts. We know the expense of replacing your complete system can stress you out, so we’ll make your investment economical through special coupons or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and just one low monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are included!*
You can relax knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job well done. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 816-787-0500 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.