When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water appears clear, it might still be hiding toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and well-being. A lot of people don't like the taste of polluted tap water and recognize the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have healthy drinking water at home.
If you want to protect your family’s well-being, you might first opt for going the bottled water route. Unfortunately, this gets expensive soon. In addition, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up contaminating the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and killing marine life.
Installing a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and healthier for the environment than using so much bottled water. It will also provide healthier water much more easily because you can get it right from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, enabling you to maximize the benefits everywhere you use water in your home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filtration system, find out what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out hazardous contaminants. Then, get in touch with Neal Harris Service Experts to help you choose and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality may differ by location, but some of the most prevalent contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that legal water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Consider Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your tap, supplying you and your family with safe, healthy water to drink. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and can accumulate in the water main soon after heavy rainfall. While generally harmless, sediment makes your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to remove solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in dense cities. Unfortunately, this disinfectant creates dangerous chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. Some DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the objective of adding putting in any water filtration equipment. Besides being cleaner for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more cloudy water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and adhere to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that clean water doesn’t have to bring bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s setup, you could need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor includes both designs to satisfy your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the strongest warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Neal Harris Service Experts, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to scale back water hardness, filter out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, simple and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Get in contact with your local Neal Harris Service Experts office for help picking out a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.