Your HVAC system is vital to a sense of comfort and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Lots of homeowners take this functionality for granted until they're suddenly left without them. If your AC has ever stopped working on a scorching summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wishes to deal with emergency repairs, higher energy bills or home comfort problems. What if you had a way to guarantee a constant supply of healthy, conditioned air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like obtaining an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are a must for keeping your HVAC system in good shape. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should consider enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and a trusted HVAC contractor. Your membership takes the guessing out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled service calls and other advantages. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to schedule tune-ups with Neal Harris Service Experts, but we highly recommend registering. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busy, so it’s easy to forget about requesting furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll receive scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unfamiliar with why HVAC maintenance is so beneficial, check out these benefits:
- Reveal minor problems right away: Issues with your home comfort system usually progress little by little. When a technician inspects the internal components each year, it’s possible to locate and fix small problems before they become big headaches.
- Reduce the risk of breakdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the risk of a sudden breakdown diminishes.
- Saving on repair costs: Scheduled HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable amount that eliminates the need for many major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that annual maintenance can boost HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Boost home comfort: When your HVAC system performs the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for even temperatures and more comfortable humidity throughout the house.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can last years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement equipment.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during every visit grants peace of mind that your home comfort system is performing as intended.
- Maintain your warranty: Most HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance so much that they require once-a-year tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in upkeep now safeguards you from expensive repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can usually count on same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your heating and cooling system? An HVAC contract allows access to the quickest installs possible, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Routine maintenance reduces the need for repair service, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance contract provides a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are occasionally unavoidable, but they can get pricey fast. Luckily, with an HVAC agreement, you’ll never pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour appointments.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has completed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you dissatisfied, your technician will return to correct things.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Neal Harris Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan provides and contact our staff to help you choose the ideal plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before enrolling. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Neal Harris Service Experts office today.