Preventing it from happening is the most critical place to start. Taking appropriate safety precautions will decrease your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Kansas City.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours on in the small space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills for heat. These appliances are safe when used properly but can produce carbon monoxide when on for an extensive period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, since it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a specialist. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected correctly.
- Check gas appliances are operating correctly, particularly your heating system. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by booking yearly furnace maintenance with Neal Harris Service Experts.