What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by incomplete fuel combustion usually caused by a lack of oxygen. In your residence, appliances that consume natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are at risk. Especially if they are not running accurately or have been installed incorrectly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from nearby garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces may also create carbon monoxide. CO is poisonous to the body and is deadly at high levels or with extended exposure.