If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak can include the following:
- The aroma of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances connected to the gas line, i.e. gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or faded grass, plants or other vegetation
- People in the house experiencing symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are encountering any of these signs and are thinking they are related to a gas leak, get out of your home and call 911 immediately, followed by your utility company.
In some cases, the utility company will fix a gas leak, but in most instances the homeowner is liable. Luck for you, the professionals at Neal Harris Service Experts are thoroughly trained to install or repair gas lines and we are committed to getting the job done right, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is backed with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER ATTEMPT AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a ton of things to get done around the house that homeowners choose to take on by themselves, gas line repair should to be left up to the professionals. It is the only way to make sure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Kansas City codes.
From adding gas lines for a new stove or oven to fixing gas lines for a heater in your garage, Neal Harris Service Experts’s years of experience have allowed us to handle a variety of gas line projects in the Kansas City community, so no job is too tall of an order for our experts.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As noted before, the first thing you need to do if you are worried about a gas leak is leave your home and then call 911 right away. After emergency responders are headed your way, get ahold of your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have made certain there is no danger, call Neal Harris Service Experts to schedule a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, ought to be taken very seriously. Be sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 right away if you’re ever nervous about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide does not have an odor and can’t be easily detected. The EPA recommends a few steps to decrease exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances properly adjusted.
- Install and take advantage of an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have a well-versed professional inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and repair any leaks promptly.
For more tips on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, visit our blog.