According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are due to sewer backups. The typical cost due to sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Neal Harris Service Experts can help by certifying you have a backflow assembly in place to evade sewer backups. Plenty of homeowners in Kansas City don’t realize they are liable for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Neal Harris Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the experience, training and aptitude to manage everything and anything related to sewer service and sewer inspection.
Common Causes of Sewer Backup
- Back-ups in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is causing your sewer to fail or backup, don’t hesitate to contact us at 816-787-0500
the moment you identify a problem to evade as much, potentially costly, harm to your home and plumbing structure as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be sure you are throwing away waste properly.
- Dumping grease down your drain will create a obstruction in the line and become a clog.
- Disposing of any paper objects other than toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) into the toilet can lead to a backup.
- Have Neal Harris Service Experts install and oversee a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Neal Harris Service Experts to investigate for illegal plumbing connections and fix them if discovered. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will usually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from harming your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Neal Harris Service Experts today at 816-787-0500
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs.