Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Kansas City
You probably don’t think about your sump pump until you need it. Then you hope it’s working like it should so your Kansas City basement doesn’t flood.
Sump pumps can quit running for a couple of numerous reasons.
We’ve handled it all. If your pump isn’t working properly, call the Experts at Neal Harris Service Experts to fix the problem.
We’ll inspect your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t quit when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can quit running for a few different reasons:
- No power
- Irregular maintenance
- Undersized unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch trouble
- Frosted over or blocked discharge lines
- Age (average pump lasts 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few quick things you can do to verify your sump pump is prepared for efficiency.
- Make sure the cord is in acceptable shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in anticipation of power surges.
- Confirm the pump is straight and not leaning to one side, since this can cause the pump to not turn on when required.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump turns on and removes the water efficiently.
- During drought-like conditions, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the discharge pipe’s vent hole isn’t plugged.
Trust Neal Harris Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of safeguard to protect your home from water damage, look to the specialists at Neal Harris Service Experts to ensure yours is effective.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Give us a call at 816-787-0500 or book an appointment online.