Your sump pump is one of those things you may not think about until you need it—then you trust it’s working as it should. The good news is that the specialists at Neal Harris Service Experts are here to help whether you want new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Kansas City home.
Sump pumps can stop running for several of different reasons and we’ve possibly seen it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting strange, give Neal Harris Service Experts a call to come and investigate your issue.
During our visit, we can provide you with various preventive maintenance tips to help ensure your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or specifically, quite the reverse) when you need it most. Our experts will observe your sump pump for appropriate operation and if we see any sign of a potential issue, we’ll alert you immediately and discuss your options.
It is crucial to note there are multiple easy things that you can do to make sure you have your sump pump set up for efficiency:
- Check the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is vertical and not tilting to one side because it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it has been a while since your sump pump has operated, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can attract small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unclogged.
Because your sump pump is really a type of insurance to protect your house and your belongings from what can be upsetting water damage, look to the experts at Neal Harris Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 816-787-0500
or request an appointment online.